If you want a special night out on the town Playa Jaco has some wonderful restaurants with variety of menu and ambiance. Here are a few of our favorite spots.
Graffiti Restro Bar: (20 min from PVC) $$
Great Happy Hour Specials 4-6pm every day!!! https://www.facebook.com/graffitirestro or http://www.graffiticr.com/
Located in Jaco Walk Graffiti Restro Cafe and Wine Bar is a Funky, Comfortable Bistro style Restaurant with a Blackboard menu that changes daily with the local availability of the freshest products, Fruits, Vegetable, Seafood and Meats. They are al about the "Slow Food" movement and maintain by using local fresh, healthy and sustainable products from the region. They have no rules or boundaries when it comes to our food and our ambiance is just as eclectic. Graffiti is a place that boasts Costa Rican Street culture and art.
This restaurant books up fast so you will need a reservation!
Koko's Beach front Gastropub: (20 min from PVC) $$
Casual beach front dining with delicious costa rican and international options & drinks all at great prices. Our favorite is the seared tuna bowl!!!
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063790650978 or https://goo.gl/maps/3FUGdSWuogoSrnF28
Villa Caletas Restaurant: (40 min from PVC) $$$
AMAZING SUNSET VIEWS!!! http://www.hotelvillacaletas.com/anfiteatro or www.facebook.com/villacaletascr
It is a bit more drive past playa Jaco but the view and architecture and amphitheater make it totally worth it. A family favorite for special occasions and for sunset drinks and apps.
EL Hicaco Ocean Front Steak House: (20 min from PVC) $$
Beautiful Beach front Island Style Steak House perfect for a special occasion and to enjoy sunset beach Front. https://www.facebook.com/Elhicacorestaurant
The Green Room: (20 min from PVC) $$
Laid back casual artisan restaurant in the heart of Jaco Beach. They serve upscale comfort, and gourmet food without all the fuss of fine dining. They work with several organic farms, and artisan food producers in our area and throughout the country. They combine these local flavors with international cooking techniques to bring you a truly unique dining experience. Everything served at the Green Room is made fresh with the best ingredients our country has to offer! Sometimes it takes a little longer, but we hope that if you have taken the time to join us you'll appreciate having your food prepared to order. If you're in Jaco, come by...relax and enjoy some great food in our laid back dinning room or in the garden....stay for some live music, bar games, or just to chat! We have live music every Friday with local and visiting musicians....as well as specials every day, and evening. We serve brunch, lunch, and dinner six days a week for dine-in, take out, or delivery...and also have a full bar and weekly artisan cocktail specials. So if you want a break from the usual Jaco tourist traps, come by for a visit...hope to see you soon, PURA VIDA!
Caliches Wishbone Restaurant: (20 min from PVC) $$
Great Food!!: we recommend the Pizza, Wish Bone Pita & Tuna Poke Salad https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064349243275
Taco Bar: (20 min from PVC) $
Tasty Affordable $3 Breakfast, Tacos buffet style, Smoothies & all you can eat Salad Bar located in the Jaco Walk. http://www.tacobar.info/
Tsunami Sushi: (20 min from PVC) $$
Fresh and delicious Sushi. Upstairs Bar Lounge Atmosphere Lots of different Specials & Promotions! Located in Jaco walk. www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100072245984809
Marea Baja 24 hr. Resturant: (20 min from PVC)) $
Super Typical Costa Rican Buffet comes with Drink! Fast service and always open. Located right off the main Highway in Jaco pass the signal light if driving south on your left.
Wether it is for a special occasion or you are just not feeling like cooking, Esterillos Oeste and Esterillos Este have some amazing dining options for you on your stay in the area. Here is a list of some of our favorites. We have provided the facebook links here for you so you can check their current promotions. Many local restaurants here have daily promos and Drink/Happy Hour specials.
Jaco Beach and the surrounding areas have so many wonderful tours & activities for you to enjoy but things can get expensive quickly when traveling with a group or family. Here are some of our favorite local, low cost things to do to add to your itinerary for a more budget friendly time. Enjoy!!
1. Relax on the Beach: Enjoy the beautiful coastline and soak up the sun without spending a dime. We recommend the South End of Jaco beach for calmest waters and you can get a drink and a snack at the TIKI BAR.
2. Surfing lessons: If you have your own surfboard, catch some waves at one of the popular surf spots in Jaco or we would be happy to do some private lessons for you!
3. Wildlife Watching: Take a stroll along the beach or through nearby forests to spot exotic wildlife like birds, monkeys, and iguanas.
4. Hiking: Explore the scenic trails our local free favorite is the "EL Miro" Hike to the vista that overlooks Jaco Beach. On the trail you can see Monkeys, Parrots, Macaws, and other wild life. After the hike don't forget to stop for a delicious Iced coffee at the Surfing co. Coffee shop or get a snack at Puddle Fish Brewery.
5. Sunsets: Witness breathtaking sunsets over the Pacific Ocean from the beach. You can for free see the amazing view if Jaco at the "Jaco beach" sign or grab a casual drink at Vida Hermosa and watch the surfers at sunset.
6. Tide Pools: During low tide, explore the tide pools near the beach and discover fascinating marine life.
7. Jaco Walk: Visit Jaco Walk, a modern outdoor shopping and entertainment center, where you can browse shops and enjoy live music events and local art fairs. There are also many amazing restaurants in the Jaco walk plaza.
8. Jardín Pura Vida: Explore this free botanical garden and see a variety of native plants and flowers. They also have a wonderful Adventure Dining at the gardens which is not free but is a really one of a kind experience which we recommend! Click the link above for more info or to reserve the Adventure Dining experience.
9. Jaco Art Walk: Stroll through town to admire the colorful murals and street art.
10. Hermosa Beach: Take a short drive to Playa Hermosa, a neighboring beach known for its laid-back atmosphere and stunning scenery.
We hope this list helps you enjoy your time in Jaco Beach with these fun and free or mostly free activities!