Horseback Riding Nauyaca Falls: Dominical
Nauyaca Waterfalls are located an hour south of Manuel Antonio on a private reserve owned and operated by Lulo’s family. Their love of nature and wildlife led the family to develop ecotourism to protect and preserve the land.
The Nauyaca tour offers a rare glimpse of the rainforest and waterfalls along with a unique learning experience, guided by Lulo and his highly educated family. You will be taken on a memorable horse back expedition filled with culture, nature and adventure.
Nauyaca waterfalls tour is an all-inclusive full day package that begins at the stables, where you are able to choose your horse. The horseback ride to Lulo's house, a small typical Costa Rican dwelling in the middle of the forest, takes less than an hour. When you arrive you will have a delicious breakfast and then have time to observe the animals living on the small family farm.
The tour continues on horseback for another 25 minutes to the majestic Nauyaca Waterfalls where you can jump and swim in the large natural pools. On the way back there is another stop in Lulos's house to enjoy a delicious typical Costa Rican lunch.
The total distance of the horseback ride is approximately 12 kilometers.
- Transportation from Park Entrance: For the price listed above you will be driving yourself to Dominical which is about a 1.5 hour drive from Esterillos (optional shuttle below)
- Entrance Fee to the waterfalls
- Horseback riding tour with trained guides (we have tame horses for all ages)
- Farm tour with exotic and domestic animals
- Raincoats during the rainy season
- Optional extra: Transportation to & from Quepos Dominical: $140 per van
- WHAT TO BRING
- Sunscreen, bug repellent, camera, bathing suit and towel). IMPORTANT!
- Closed on Sunday and Special Dates