Jaco Beach and the surrounding areas have so many wonderful tours & activities for you to enjoy but things can get expensive quickly when traveling with a group or family. Here are some of our favorite local, low cost things to do to add to your itinerary for a more budget friendly time. Enjoy!!
1. Relax on the Beach: Enjoy the beautiful coastline and soak up the sun without spending a dime. We recommend the South End of Jaco beach for calmest waters and you can get a drink and a snack at the TIKI BAR.
2. Surfing lessons: If you have your own surfboard, catch some waves at one of the popular surf spots in Jaco or we would be happy to do some private lessons for you!
3. Wildlife Watching: Take a stroll along the beach or through nearby forests to spot exotic wildlife like birds, monkeys, and iguanas.
4. Hiking: Explore the scenic trails our local free favorite is the "EL Miro" Hike to the vista that overlooks Jaco Beach. On the trail you can see Monkeys, Parrots, Macaws, and other wild life. After the hike don't forget to stop for a delicious Iced coffee at the Surfing co. Coffee shop or get a snack at Puddle Fish Brewery.
5. Sunsets: Witness breathtaking sunsets over the Pacific Ocean from the beach. You can for free see the amazing view if Jaco at the "Jaco beach" sign or grab a casual drink at Vida Hermosa and watch the surfers at sunset.
6. Tide Pools: During low tide, explore the tide pools near the beach and discover fascinating marine life.
7. Jaco Walk: Visit Jaco Walk, a modern outdoor shopping and entertainment center, where you can browse shops and enjoy live music events and local art fairs. There are also many amazing restaurants in the Jaco walk plaza.
8. Jardín Pura Vida: Explore this free botanical garden and see a variety of native plants and flowers. They also have a wonderful Adventure Dining at the gardens which is not free but is a really one of a kind experience which we recommend! Click the link above for more info or to reserve the Adventure Dining experience.
9. Jaco Art Walk: Stroll through town to admire the colorful murals and street art.
10. Hermosa Beach: Take a short drive to Playa Hermosa, a neighboring beach known for its laid-back atmosphere and stunning scenery.
We hope this list helps you enjoy your time in Jaco Beach with these fun and free or mostly free activities!